PUBLISHED ON : 10 Aug 2014
CATEGORIES & TAGS : Sauce & Paste,Main Course
Steamed Fish With Pickled Chillies & Black Bean Paste On Rice Noodles
- 1 kg green and red chillies
- 20g salt
- 700ml white vinegar
- 320g sugar
1. Heat the vinegar and sugar in a pot. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Transfer into a large tray to let cool.
2. Rinse red and green chillies. Drain. Cut into rings and add salt. Mix well. Leave them for 2 hours until liquid is drawn out of the chillies. Squeeze them dry.
3. Put the squeezed red and green chillies into the cooled pickling brine from step 1. Stir well and leave them for 24 hours. Stir them once or twice throughout the pickling time to ensure they pick up the brine evenly. Serve.
- 1 fish (about 900 g to 1.2 kg)
- About 4 tbsps pickled red and green chillies
- 2 tbsps fermented black beans
- Rice noodles for steaming
- Finely chopped spring onion
- 5 tbsps light soy sauce
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup oil
1. Dress and rinse the fish.
2. Put rice noodles on the bottom of a steaming plate. Put the fish on top and arrange pickled chillies and fermented black beans over the fish.
3. Boil some water in a steamer over high heat. Put in the steamed fish for 10 minutes until done. Put finely chopped spring onion on top of the fish. Boil the seasoning ingredients. Pour over the fish and serve hot.